Title: Irrigation Professional
Status: Full Time, Exempt Position
Reports to: Production Manager
This position is responsible for irrigation installation and repair of new or existing systems of all brands. The Irrigation Professional is responsible for completing each task on time, on budget and with a high level of quality. Position will be responsible for keeping accurate records, promoting worksite safety, providing excellent customer service, and exhibit pride and quality workmanship. Client satisfaction is the measure of success.
- Must have a strong understanding and experience of irrigation methods, techniques, equipment, systems and codes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Read and effectively interpret schematics, blueprints, and sketches
- Maintain safe working practices and procedures.
- Proficiently use hand tools, power tools and power equipment
- Perform mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Maintain work schedules and deadlines in performing tasks
- Direct, oversee and participate in work performed by your team.
- Handle all matters in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner to maintain and/or establish good public relations
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties
- Ability to work under pressure, adaptable to changing priorities and without supervision
- Maintain and care for company equipment, tools and vehicles
- Self-motivated and possess strong leadership skills
- Represent Hometown professionally
Training and Experience Preferred:
- Minimum Four (4) years of experience in working in irrigation.
- Backflow testing certification is a plus.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License, a good driving record, and insurable under the Hometown insurance policy.
- Good physical condition, with stamina to maintain a rigorous work schedule requiring continuous physical exertion and frequent heavy lifting.
- Proficient heavy equipment operating skills including front end loaders, mini-excavators, skid steer and underground equipment.
- Irrigation industry certification is a plus.
- Supervisory duties including directing and overseeing work independently or performed by their team, preparing required documentation, training associates
- Ensure compliance with company procedures, policies and adherence to safety protocols
- Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct at each production step
- Able to lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds frequently and fifty (50) pounds occasionally.
- Able to push and pull a variety of tools and equipment weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to sustain strenuous manual labor for six (6) to eight (8) hours.
- Able to work at various elevated heights on ladders, etc. in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to work in a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
- Able to work in restricted spaces in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to operate a variety of powered and manual equipment and tools associated with the Construction and Green Industries.
- Able to operate a variety of motor vehicles in a safe and effective manner.
Terms of Employment:
- The position is anticipated to be a 40-50 hour per week commitment
- Work with Clients between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00 pm on weekdays
- Periodically the job will require additional time, including weekends
- Pay is Salary plus benefits dependent upon experience.
- Health / Dental Insurance Available
- Annual Pay range for the right individual is $60,000+